We all have heard about the benefits of eating amla(indian gooseberry). It consists of a lot of essential nutrients and minerals such as fiber, vitamin C, and antioxidants. It is also known to be rich in polyphenols which help in fighting the cancer cells. However, one of the major topics of debate is if amla can be consumed at night or not.
You will definitely get a lot of opinions on this topic. The true fact is that it is not advisable to eat amla at night. If consumed at night, you will have to face many side effects instead of all the benefits. Do you always consume amla before going to bed? If so, you should definitely take a look at this article.
Read Also: Best time to eat Amla
Some of the major side effects of eating amla at night are mentioned below:
- Causes Acidity – Amla is rich in vitamin C. Thus, if consumed at night it may cause severe acidity problems. This will also disturb your sleep.
- Lowers the Blood Sugar Level – This point is important for all the people who take insulin or any other anti-diabetic medicines. Amla has the power to lower your blood sugar levels. Hence, if you eat this fruit at night, it might react with your medicines and lower your sugar level drastically.
- Lowers the Blood Pressure Levels – This problem is usually faced by the people who are already on hypotension medication. When such people consume this fruit at night, it results in low blood pressure problems.
- Causes Hair fall – One of the major reasons for hair fall is the dryness of the scalp. Consumption of excess amla can also be the cause of this dryness. Hence, it is better to avoid this fruit at night.
- Dehydration – Since amla is a diuretic fruit, it will cause the loss of the excess amount of water from your body. This will eventually make you dehydrated. This can also result in unwanted weight loss which is not good for your health.
- Respiratory Problems – People who already have respiratory problems would never consume this fruit at night. Amla is known to be a coolant due to which it lowers the body temperature and causes severe respiratory problems in people.
- Constipation – This is one of the most common side effects of consuming amla at night. This is due to its diuretic property. If you do not drink sufficient water while you consume amla, it will Harden your stool and results in constipation problems.
- Early Aging – Dehydration caused due to the consumption of amla will make your skin dry. As a result, your skin will start showing early signs of aging. However, this can be reduced to a certain extent by drinking as much water as possible.
To be precise, it is very evident from the aforementioned facts that amla should never be consumed at night. If you wish to get all the benefits of amla, try to consume it during the daytime. You should also drink a lot of water to keep yourself away from all its side effects.