Losing weight is a major issue owing to the lifestyle issues that we are experiencing these days. Be it an unhealthy eating habit or sleep disorder, every part of our lifestyle contributes to putting on weight. To counter the lifestyle issues, we need to keep our body moving. Desk jobs make our body static when our body is actually meant to be moving. Here comes the importance of exercising in the gym or keeping up with fitness programs like yoga or pilates. But did you know that the key to losing weight is 80% diet and only 20% of work out? Including the right food in your diet and cutting out on junk food can bring a huge difference in the results that you expect from your daily fitness efforts.
Here are the top nourishing foods that you must include in your diet to lose weight:
• Eggs: Eat them boiled or baked or raw! But eat them; eggs are the powerhouse of nutrients and help you in achieving a leaner body. It is rich in protein and makes you feel full with very fewer calories. If you are following a calorie-restricted diet, then eggs help you to make up for the nutrients you’re losing out on due to the various restrictions.
• Leafy vegetables: Green leafy vegetables are a great way to increase the portion size of your meals. They are low in carbohydrates and calories but rich in vitamins and minerals. Kale, spinach, and lettuce are the favorite leafy vegetables for fitness freaks. They are rich in fiber and keeps your guts healthy while you’re on a restricted diet. they are also rich in Calcium which is essential for the fat burning process.
• Salmon: Salmon is rich in omega fatty acids and protein as well. With the right amount of minerals and nutrients, salmon keeps your metabolism stable while maintaining the lean mass of your body. It is the perfect food for all those are trying to build muscles and shed fat at the same time.
• Tuna: It is another protein-rich fish which is also low in calories. From bodybuilders to fitness models, everyone counts on this super food to get in shape.
• Chicken Breast: Chicken breast has lean meat which means you’re getting all the protein without any fat. It is a protein-rich food and definitely deserves a place on your plate if you’re seriously looking to burn few extra calories. You can bake it or stir fry it in a tablespoon of olive oil with veggies for a complete meal.
• Beans: Sprouts and beans are one of the best sources of proteins for those who are looking for vegetarian protein sources. They are rich in fiber as well. Try including red and white kidney beans, black beans and lentils in your diet. They don’t heat up your body unlike eggs and chicken and can be consumed as snacks or even as breakfast. Add some lemon juice and sprinkle some oregano and toss them with olive oil for a filling healthy bowl!
• Nuts: Add more walnuts and almonds to your diet; they are rich in protein and omega fatty acids. Only a handful of them makes you full and gives you the right amount of nutrient also. Add them to your morning cereal or snack on them at work to fuel your body all day long.
• Cottage Cheese: Cottage cheese is a great food that you can include your diet to lose weight. It is rich in protein with very less amount of carbohydrates and fat. Stir fry them with veggies or add them to soup to make a complete meal.
Be fit and not skinny!
Any kind of food that’s rich in protein helps you in feeling full and curbs craving and thus helps in losing weight. Also when you workout in the gym and exhaust your muscles, the protein that you consume helps in repairing the muscles and making them grow. This entire process also helps in burning fat and that’s how you achieve your dream lean body! It is never possible to lose weight by starving your body. Starving will only lead to making you look frail and sick. Eating healthy nourishing food in right portions along with physical activity helps you lose weight faster. Your goal shouldn’t be to look skinny but to become healthy and fit. So go ahead and plan your diet and definitely add these super foods to achieve your goal!